The organic painter
As designer, we should always learn from nature and create by minimising the impact on the environment. Only by immersing ourselves in the wild and acquainting with nature may we be truly inspired by the amazing materials the earth has to offer.
In this workshop, we will explore the village and rivers in Lam Tsuen, selecting materials to produce their own organic palette and drawing tools, experience using all natural materials like stones and egg yolk to make paint, and create brushes with twigs and leaves by hand. This activity will guide participants to be more resourceful, experimental and skillful as responsible artists and designers.
|Date:||11th July 2020 (Sat)|
|Location:||Lam Tsuen, Taipo
(The actual address will be provided via email to successful registrants)
|Number of Participants:||Morning session: 12
Afternoon session: 13
|Targeted Participants:||Primary students aged from 6-12 (as at 31st December 2019) and current primary school teacher
(Each primary student needs to be accompanied by one parent)
|Workshop Partner: design/+/ten
Participants could submit their works completed in the No Kidding! workshops to enter the “No Kidding! HKDA Kids Design Thinking Awards 2020” competition! They just need to fill out the submission form of the Awards competition with an elaboration of the ideas of their entries plus several photos of the works. After completing the workshop, Parents or Guardians will receive an email from the organizer about the detailed arrangements. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity of enjoying double benefits for participation in both No Kidding! workshops and Awards!
Notes to Participants:
- If the workshop date encounters severe weather conditions (red rain, black rain, and typhoon signal No. 3 or above), the organizer has the right to reschedule the workshop to a backup date (25 July 2020) if weather is unfavorable. It is advised that the backup date (25 July 2020) is also reserved before your registration. Should there be any changes, our staff will be in touch one day before the workshop date.
- Participants will be using tools such as knives and hammers. Parents should ensure tools are used according to safety guidelines.
- Participants and their parents or guardians should prepare the following during this workshop:
a) Wear suitable clothing and bring extra to change
b) Please wear shorts and shoes suitable for going into water during activities at the river (long-sleeved swimwear and swimming trunks are also suitable); light-coloured outfit and long trousers are suggested during other times
c) Bring along sunscreen and large brim hat Apply mosquito repellent product
d) Bring your own drinking water
- Participants’ Parents or Guardians are personally liable for their and their children’s health and safety. The organizer is not liable for loss of, or damage to, personal property nor personal safety during the workshop.
- The organizer reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.