Let’s Move: A workshop on Design with Creative Movement
What is “design”? Can we possibly make design without drawing or modeling? In this workshop, we will experience the two core elements of “design”, creativity and aesthetics, in the form of “creative movement”. Besides their eyes and hands, students will make use of their whole bodies to create and design. We will start with art appreciation, and then transform our bodies into paper and paintbrushes to explore different dimensions, spaces and colors. Together we will stretch our imagination and the possibilities of our bodies to create our unique movement-based work.
|Date:||1st session: 6 September 2020 (Sun)
2nd session: 13 September 2020 (Sun)
|Time:||2:30pm – 5:30pm|
|Location:||Online Interactive Platform
The online platform’s link will be provided via email to successful registrants
|Number of Participants:||1st session: 12 people
2nd session: 13 people
|Targeted Participants:||Primary students aged from 7-12 (as at 31st December 2019) and current primary school teacher
(Each kid should accompany by at least 1 adult during the workshop)
|Participation Fee:||HK $100
(Each participant could register up to 3 workshops. The participation fee remains at HK$100 no matter how many workshops [maximum 3 workshops] each participant registers)
Workshop Partner: Moving Playground
Notes to Participants:
- Please note that each participants of this workshop will receive a copy of the material package through courier service before the workshop date, Please fill in your mailing address carefully during the registration. The organizer will not be responsible for any loss in mailing.
- Each participant must prepare a computer for the online workshop, and the organizer recommends that at least one parent / adult must accompany the participant to assist the participant in completing the workshop.
- Please reserve a place in the living room (or a relatively spacious area) for participants to have sufficient space for the workshop activities. In addition, participants need to wear clothes that are easy for them to move around and not afraid of getting dirty (skirts are not suitable), and please be prepared to go barefoot.
- One participant could only register for either one session, one participant could not register for both sessions. In case of the above situation, the organizer reserves the right to cancel the workshop registrations of the participant.
- Participants must be over 7 years old on the workshop day in order to participate and complete the workshop. Please make sure that the participant is over 7 years old before registration. If the participant is under 7 years old, the organizer reserves the right to cancel the participant’s workshop registration.
- Participants’ Parents or Guardians are personally liable for their and their children’s health and safety. The organizer is not liable for loss of, or damage to, personal property nor personal safety during the workshop.
- The organizer reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- Participants could submit their works completed in the No Kidding! workshops to enter the “No Kidding! HKDA Kids Design Thinking Awards 2020” competition! They just need to fill out the submission form of the Awards competition with an elaboration of the ideas of their entries plus several photos of the works. After completing the workshop, Parents or Guardians will receive an email from the organizer about the detailed arrangements. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity of enjoying double benefits for participation in both No Kidding! workshops and Awards!